Igbo Anglican Church is the first Igbo Anglican church in the Bay area. On October 12, 2014, history was made in the city of San Jose when the first Igbo Anglican worship was held at St. James Anglican Church. 50 people attended the first service! Worship was wonderful and Spirit filled. Igbo Anglican serves all Igbo Anglican folks in the Bay area, helping to:
- Teach and preach the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in Igbo language
- To preach the good news so that people will coming to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and savior through repentance and faith by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To provide an avenue in which the Igbos in Bay area will express their style of worship freely in their native tongue.
- Meet our children’s Igbo language, spiritual, social and cultural needs, by creating that credible community where our children will be taught the word of God exclusively in Igbo language
- Meet our folks’ (adults’) cultural, social and spiritual needs, and
- Meet our future’s (all ndi Igbo Anglican’s) social, spiritual, language cultural, and community needs in the Bay Area and beyond. All Igbo Anglican folks are welcomed.
We meet at St. James Anglican Church on the second Sunday of each month. Worship begins at 12:30 pm and fellowship follows in the Parish Hall. Pot lucks are normal and visitors are not expected to bring food. We have lots for everyone.
Beginning in September of 2015 we will have a second location. The new service will be in Oakland. Please see our Oakland page for details.
St. James is located at 1565 Lincoln Ave, San Jose CA 95125. There is lots of parking a half block away at Willow Glen Elementary School (1425 Lincoln Ave). Street Parking is also available and there are a few parking spots located behind the church for people with infants, walkers, or wheelchairs.